Thursday, September 13, 2012

Detective Rob Dillon SJPD


 
Rob Dillon started doing CrossFit for the same reasons many others did: to lose weight and get in shape. He couldn’t have known then it would save his life.

On August 22, 2011, Dillon, a detective with the San Jose Police Department, had to fight for his life against an assailant who wanted to take his firearm. The altercation lasted for three minutes and 12 seconds before more officers arrived on the scene. It cost Dillon some teeth and a knee injury, but he survived. “It was the CrossFit mindset. I was thinking, ‘I’m on my own. Nobody’s going to do this for me. Just 10 more seconds,’” he recalls. “Over and over. ‘Just 10 more seconds.’”

Dillon was always a big guy. “Before [CrossFit], I was around 240 or 250, but I was working undercover and eating a lot of bar food and drinking a lot of beer, and it got a little out of control. When I got up to 270, it was really out of hand,” Dillon says.

Complete Story on CrossFit.com


No comments:

Post a Comment