:30 jumping jacks
5 hand walkouts into pushup into hip flexor stretch [ demo here ]
1 lap in atrium (crab-walk, bear-crawl, high knees, caterpillar)
Run 2 additional laps in atrium
WOD: MUSCLE CONFUSION DECK OF CARDS
Everyone but Mitch has come up with 2-3 exercises -- stuff we know Mitch just hates.
All these exercises have been printed on 18 scraps of paper:
Put all the exercises in a hat.
The hat sits next to a full deck of cards with two Jokers. 54 cards total.
Each time you draw a card, you also draw a scrap from the hat. The number on the card dictates the number of reps of the exercise you drew. Face cards = 10 reps. Aces = 11 reps.
All 18 scraps go back in the hat only after all scraps have been drawn. That way we do each exercise 3 times.
For each JOKER: Partner up. Split 60 reps of the drawn exercise. (That's right: the Joker is a mini-Hellington partner WOD.)
The WOD is finished when the deck is finished.
Our 18 exercises:
4. Mitch's Choice
5. Toes to bar
6. Hand-release pushups
7. Mountain climbers
8. "Boblet Squats" (a goblet squat in which the kettlebell is additionally curled down to the ground while in lower squat position)
9. Tricep dips
10. Run to bottom of stairs; do [number on card] reps of wall-balls; run back up to gym
11. Push-jacks [ demo here ]
12. Reverse lunges [ demo here ]
15. Leaping burpees
16. Box jumps
17. Plyometric jump squats [ demo here ]
18. Farmer's Carry -- grab 1 dumbell/kettlebell; each "rep" is one walk down length of hallway from gym door to stairway door (back-and-forth = 2 reps)