Monday, October 21, 2013

CrossFit and how much you need to be GPP

Are you generally phyically prepared (GPP)? In this line of work, that includes exposure to vehicle crashes--some very severe.

From CrossFit Tactical Strength:

"The conversations that I had with the medical staff were all very similar.  I was told, usually in this order; ‘You’re lucky to be alive.’ then, ‘If you weren’t in the condition that you are, you would have died.’  I was told that after the accident, paramedics and hospital staff were continually checking my blood pressure.  Later I found out that my blood pressure did not fluctuate the way it normally would in an incident with such traumatic injuries.  The reason why I maintained the blood pressure that I did was because of my level of conditioning."

Read the whole article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment