Monday, May 19, 2014

2014-05-19 Overhead work and a MetCon that Celebrates Our New Oly Bars

Inspiration:

This weekend last years CrossFit Games champ, English firefighter Samantha Briggs came in fourth in Europe and may not even be able to participate in this year's games.  Here is her post from Instagram this morning:

"The weekends events hit me with a bang this morning & I just wanted to stay in bed all day ... I gave myself two options 1) sit and cry over something I cannot change 2) go to the gym and do what I do best ... I chose to TRAIN"

Meet Downstairs at 1610

Warmup:

PVC Warmup
1-5 Progression not for time and very strict of--
Pullups
Pushups
Squats

Strength:

Strict Press
5, 5, 5

Push Press
5, 5, 5

Jerk 
5, 5, 5

MetCon:

Run 400 m with a 45 lbs bar
50 Back Squats with 45 lbs bar
Run 200m with a 45 lbs bar
50 push press with 45 lbs bar
100 m lunges with 45 lbs bar in front rack position

Finally, you will see we have four new Oly bars from PR Lifting that were purchased with Wellness money from the county.  Please be good to them so that they last a long time.  The same applies to all the new spring clips we got (8 sets).  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment